Serving Your Own People With a Solo Productized Consulting Service w/ Meg Cumby
Subscribe and leave a review, would ya?
She is running a solo productized consulting service. She offers testimonials and case studies as an outsourced done-for-you service for her clients who happen to be consultants as well.
It’s interesting to hear how her process is very focused and streamlined, starting from sales, going to the application form, and in the way she engages with clients.
It’s all very predictable, simplified, and it permitted her to run it solo.
[3:48] Coming up with the idea of a done-for-you testimonial service.
- “The word that kept coming up was awkwardness when asking for a testimonials to your clients.”
- “It just saves a lot of pain if you take out the sales copy from your customers.”
[8:35] The consultation step by step. Benefits of showing the pricing upfront.
- “This is the beauty of having an incredibly focused service: people that contacted me are pretty much always ideal clients.”
[13:45] The difference between testimonials and case studies. Questions to ask. Benefits of having a third-party to give feedback.
[23:43] What the deliverables look like. Recurring services vs one time products.
[30:50] Getting pilot clients at conferences and online communities.
- “If you have to start something, why not starting with the market you are familiar with?”
- “Being in communities is huge.”
- “With clear positioning comes clear word of mouth.”
[35:54] Running processes solo.
- “The biggest thing that just having a process helps with is minimizing the decision making.”
- “I don’t have an SOP. It doesn’t have to be this big fancy thing, you just need to know what comes next.”