Scaling a Facebook Ads Agency by Staying Solo w/ Vincent Nguyen (Growth Ninja)
Subscribe and leave a review, would ya?
This is a very technical interview. We dive deep into the nitty-gritty of running a service.
We talk about how he work with clients, how he structured his service, and his unique pricing model for this kind of service.
[2:27] Performance-based pricing model.
- “Growth Ninja is a performance-based Facebook Ads company.”
[8:42] How Vincent chooses and identify his clients. Why someone would outsource Facebook Ads.
- “Time is finite. Facebook Ads is a full time job. If you are doing it in-house you’re at the mercy of an opportunity cost.”
- “Scaling is the most difficult part of Facebook Ads. People wonder why doing great spending $100 a day, they add a zero and performance goes down.”
[12:56] Examples of a scaling problems and counter-intuitive challenges. Optimizing for Facebook whims.
[19:36] Strategy to start a campaign with Facebook Ads. What to show first time to a complete stranger.
- “My first priority is to make cold traffic work as soon as possible.”
- “If only do warm traffic, how are you going to scale?”
[24:05] Thoughts on servicing B2B vs B2C companies.
- “One question I always ask is what is do you know your expected revenue per lead?”
[27:23] How Vincent started Growth Ninja from a dinner with Neil Patel. The story of his video for a position in Empire Flippers.
- “When I started Growth Ninja my mindset was so messed up. I wasn’t even taking it seriously for the few first months.”
- “I thought about GN as a company from day 1. I knew that that’s so much more powerful angle with lot more credibility.”
[38:04] The day-to-day of a solo operator. Time spent in administrative, analysis, and creative.
- “In year 2 I started to realize that my expertise wasn’t in everything.”
- “You have to be careful when you are trying to push someone past what comfortable with their own business because their identity it’s their brand.”
[44:11] Logistics to get payed with a performance-based model. Issues with attribution.
[47:18] What to keep in mind about Facebook Ads in 2018.
- “Don’t panic. It’s been on seemingly apocalyptic mode since I’m working on this.”
- Vincent Nguyen on Twitter
- Vincent Nguyen’s company, Growth Ninja
- Vincent Nguyen’s blog, Self Stairway
- Facebook Ads
- Vincent on the Tropical MBA podcast: first and second episodes
- Empire Flippers
- Neil Patel
- Michael Hyatt
- Vincent’s video for Empire Flippers